Harper Brought us Back into Mulroney’s Hole
The Conservatives may claim they are good hands on the wheel in terms of the economy but it is no secret that they dug us into a whole. They claim Canada is leading the G8 out of recession but after the UK (77%), Germany (80%), and France (81%), Canada’s debt to GDP ratio is 84%. Below is a glance at Canada’s debt over the years.
They may load our TVs and YouTube channel advertisement areas with promotions for their Economic Action Plan but the unemployment rate went up in December – not down.
Canada can apparently afford:
- F-35 jets which will come without an engine and with an ever increasing price tag
- An imposed tough on crime agenda that has failed in the US and cost them more money to administer
- $50 million for Tony’s gazebos to buy votes
- Peter Mackay’s luxurious hotel rooms overseas
- Harper’s hockey game
- Military Chief’s Bermuda Vacation flight
- All of those new senators, and 30 new MPs
- The largest PMO in history
- A luxurious MP Pension Plan
- $3.7 billion worth of new search and rescue planes
The list of Harper’s increases in spending go on, feel free to add the stuff that wasn’t mentioned in the comments below. This year, Canada will be in a $30 billion deficit and have a $570 billion debt.
Stephen Harper managed to repeat Mulroney’s damage in under 5 years, how can he justify that he is a good economic manager?